ORA-12154: TNS: error

From: Michael Toepfer <michael.toepfer_at_unh.edu>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 1999 10:02:00 -0400

Hi,

I'm trying to access an oracle database from one NT server to another and have received this error message when trying to log onto oracle:

SQL*Plus: Release 3.3.4.0.0 - Production on Mon Oct 18 08:10:50 1999

Copyright (c) Oracle Corporation 1979, 1996. All rights reserved.

ERROR: ORA-12154: TNS:could not resolve service name

I have searched Microsoft's technet database and it states that this is an error message when running the

"sqlopen function in a visual basic procedure while several workbooks are open in Excel."

Since I have neither Excel or visual basic installed on this machine it seems unlikely to be the problem.

Has anyone seen this problem before or have any ideas as to the cause.

Thanks for any help you can give me. Received on Mon Oct 18 1999 - 09:02:00 CDT