Re: Spool limitation

From: Frank van Bortel <f.van.bortel_at_vnl.nl>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 1999 14:51:12 -0700

Malka Friedman wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I am trying to spool a select statement to a file, But when the file size
> get to 2.147 GB the select stops - file size is limit...
> Is there any way to enlarge this limit? the table is very big and I must
> have it in a Ascii file format.
>
> Thanks
> Malka

Sounds like some unix box; check ulimit settings! BTW there are some utilities that cannot break the 2 GB limit (AFAIK, import/export and sqlload. Don't know about Plus or svrmgrl)

--
Met vriendelijke groet/kind regards,

Frank van Bortel
Technical consultant Oracle

Work:                                Home:
Inter Access V&L                     Hunzestraat 4
Palatijn 3, 7521 PN Enschede         7555 WB Hengelo
PoBox 545, 7500 AM Enschede          (31)074-2425046
053-4341500 Received on Mon Oct 18 1999 - 16:51:12 CDT