NLS PARAMETERS

From: RMM <bufalini_at_rmm.fr>
Date: Sun, 17 Oct 1999 22:11:14 +0100

Hello

I have a problem with french accent that are displayed wrong. I have check in the table V$NLS_PARAMETERS here is what I've got :

PARAMETER                                                        VALUE

NLS_LANGUAGE FRENCH NLS_TERRITORY FRANCE NLS_CURRENCY F NLS_ISO_CURRENCY FRANCE NLS_NUMERIC_CHARACTERS ,. NLS_CALENDAR GREGORIAN NLS_DATE_FORMAT DD/MM/YY NLS_DATE_LANGUAGE FRENCH NLS_CHARACTERSET US7ASCII NLS_SORT FRENCH NLS_TIME_FORMAT HH24:MI:SSXFF NLS_TIMESTAMP_FORMAT DD/MM/YY HH24:MI:SSXFF NLS_TIME_TZ_FORMAT HH24:MI:SSXFF TZH:TZM NLS_TIMESTAMP_TZ_FORMAT DD/MM/YY HH24:MI:SSXFF TZH:TZM NLS_DUAL_CURRENCY ? NLS_NCHAR_CHARACTERSET US7ASCII NLS_COMP

It seems that the NLS_CHARACTERSET and NLS_NCHAR_CHARACTERSET is wrong for french. How can I change that ? I've read on the Oracle website that is kind of risky for changing that...

Thanks for the help

Olivier Received on Sun Oct 17 1999 - 16:11:14 CDT