Re: Sequence Duplicate values ??

From: Jonathan Lewis <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 17 Oct 1999 19:33:53 +0100

Using currval when you meant to use nextval. Using a sequence with CYCLE and MAXVALUE set Either way its a design/coding error -

If the sequence is defined to avoid duplicates, and the code does not re-use the value, then it is NOT possible to get duplicates.

(There is an article on sequences on my web site under FEATURES)

--

Jonathan Lewis
Yet another Oracle-related web site: http://www.jlcomp.demon.co.uk

<380f0516.224842558_at_netnews.worldnet.att.net>...