Re: Help with Windows95 + Oracle8

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Sun, 17 Oct 1999 07:12:02 GMT

On Sat, 16 Oct 1999 01:08:24 +0200, "Tim Read" <tread_at_flog.uned.es> wrote:

>I am trying to get Oracle working under Windows 95 and whilst I have got the
>Net8 Easy Config to set up beq-local which will work ok using Net8
>Assistant, I am completely unable to get the Developer 2000 R2.1 to work. It
>does not matter which program I try, they get to the stage of asking for the
>user, password and database name - to which I answer Demo, Demo (the
>password I installed...), beq-local, and then the program just hangs...
>
>Any help would be extremely well received...
>
>Please answer by email, tread_at_flog.uned.es
>
>Tim

Regrettably Developer 2.1 seems to use sqlnet 2.3. If you have a proper install of Developer you will have that on your system. Copy your tnsnames.ora and sqlnet.ora to %ORACLE_HOME%\network\admin and retry.
BTW: I would rather configure TCP/IP (with localhost = 127.0.0.1 in my hosts file) than using bequeath. Bequeath seems to be a facto five slower compared to tcp/ip.

Hth,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA Received on Sun Oct 17 1999 - 02:12:02 CDT