oracle certified DBA

From: Feng Lu <fenglu_at_home.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Oct 1999 07:01:25 GMT

I have a master's degree in Computer Science and have worked as a application software engineer for 4 years in the US. I am thinking about getting certified for Oracle DBA, switch gear and pursue a career related to database administration. I have good academic background in database design and have used DBASE4, FoxPro and PowerBuilder in several database classes I took while I was in school.

Will I have problem to pass the certification test if I study on my own? If I pass the test, will it still be difficult to find a Oracle admin job since I don't have any working experience in that field?

Thanks for advice.

Feng Received on Sun Oct 17 1999 - 02:01:25 CDT