Re: Linux platform for ora805 installation

From: Jason Stokes <jstok_at_bluedog.apana.org.au>
Date: Sun, 17 Oct 1999 06:05:01 GMT

On Sat, 16 Oct 1999 22:30:44 -0700, Verna Legaspi <vlegaspi_at_uswest.net> wrote:

>I installed ora805 fairly easily on my RH6 box with the help of the
>instructions from http://jordan.fortwayne.com/oracle/. Forgive me, but I
>didn't know there were different varieties of Linux (Server vs Workstation).

He seems to be referrring to different "metapackages" offered by the Red Hat distribution -- you can install a "server" or a "workstation" set of packages. It's simply a matter of which packages you've installed. Unlike NT, all Linux distributions are capable of being used as "servers."

--
Jason Stokes: jstok_at_bluedog.apana.org.au Received on Sun Oct 17 1999 - 01:05:01 CDT