Re: select into question

From: Charles L Wilson <CLKW97_at_prodigy.net>
Date: Sat, 16 Oct 1999 19:19:58 -0400

I need to insert data that I get from a query (in one step!) without a select into, it has to be done in 2 steps for each row(there could be hundreds of rows)

FIRST
select nextOrder_id ,c.product_id,p.name,SYSDATE,c.quantity, p.price from product p, cart_item c
where p.product_id = c.product_id
and c.cart_id = 66

I NEED TO STORE ALL ROWS RETURNED IN VARIABLES, AND THEN insert into order_item(order_id,product_id, name,date_created,quantity,price)
values
HERE I NEED TO TAKE OUT VALUE OF VARIABLES AND PUT INTO MY VALUES CLAUSE THIS NEEDS TO BE REPEATED FOR EACH ROW. This is not a practical solution.
I need to be told how to do a select into statement. I know it is an oracle sql statement.
can someone tell me how to structure a select into statement????