Re: CONNECT BY Questions...

From: Mike Philippens <mphilipp_at_oracle-home.com>
Date: 16 Oct 1999 09:00:38 GMT

Jimmy wrote:
> I find that using CONNECT BY is not an easy job. Could anyone suggests
> me the books on teaching how to use CONNECT BY? Is CONNECT BY only used
> in Oracle? Not SQL standard?

I don't think it's SQL standard, but I'm not sure... Have you tried adding an Order by clause ? In general, the output order of an SQL statement (in Oracle) is not guaranteed without an order by clause. It is usually the order in which the rows were entered, but this is not a rule. Try an order by and I think you got what you need.

Mike F.M.Philippens
Oracle-Home
E-mail mphilipp_at_oracle-home.com
Visit Oracle-Home @ www.oracle-home.com for the best Oracle Resources !