Re: Oracle 8.1.5 on Linux install problem

From: Kevin O'Gorman <kevin_at_ayuda.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 1999 20:51:20 -0700

I know. I read the same instructions. Then some kind soul replied to my pleas with the advice: "use JRE 1.1.7 v3". This worked.

Try it, anyway.

According to some other information I've gotten, it may be important to upgrade enlightenment on your RedHat system too. This actually made no difference that I could tell, but I thought I would pass that along too.

Have you been careful to do the "pre-installation" steps, and have your environment right?

--kevin

--
Kevin O'Gorman (805) 650-6274 kogorman_at_pacbell.net At school: kogorman_at_cs.ucsb.edu
Permanent e-mail forwarder: Kevin.O'Gorman.64_at_Alum.Dartmouth.org Received on Fri Oct 15 1999 - 22:51:20 CDT