View based on union fills up temporary tablespace

From: Primoz Javornik <primozj_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 1999 16:52:27 -0700

Hi,

I have created view which uses UNION on two tables. Table1 has more than 3.4 million rows and Table2 is approx. 10% of Table1 size. When I select count(*) from Table1, query executes 26 minutes an temporary tablespace usage does not increase. When I select count(*) from query with UNION, temporary tablespace usage is increasing till query fails due to insufficient space.

Oracle version is 7.3.4 on HP-UX

Any ideas?

Primoz Received on Fri Oct 15 1999 - 18:52:27 CDT