Re: An error message?

From: Frank van Bortel <f.van.bortel_at_vnl.nl>
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 1999 11:38:56 -0700

Frederik Hansen wrote:

> Hi
>
> It means that some users havn't logged off.
>
> Frederik Hansen
>
> amerar_at_ci.chi.il.us wrote:
> >
> > Hello,
> >
> > Last night when our cycle ran, it was supposed to shut down the database
> > and back it up. Instead I found this message in the laert log:
> >
> > Shutting down instance (immediate)
> > License high water mark = 156
> > Tue Oct 5 02:05:16 1999
> > SHUTDOWN: waiting for active calls to complete.
> >
> > The database was not totally shutdown and I needed to issue an shutdown
> > abort. Anyhow, what does this message mean?
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Arthur
> > amerar_at_ci.chi.il.us
> >
> > Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> > Before you buy.

Yep.

In order to avoid such things from happening again, shutdown abort, startup restrict and shutdown normal.
This will kill anything, and close the database cleanly (consistent) afterwards

--
Met vriendelijke groet/kind regards,

Frank van Bortel
Technical consultant Oracle

Work:                                Home:
V&L Informatica BV                   Hunzestraat 4
Palatijn 3, 7521 PN Enschede         7555 WB Hengelo
PoBox 545, 7500 AM Enschede          (31)074-2425046
053-4341500 Received on Fri Oct 15 1999 - 13:38:56 CDT