Re: Question on Rollback

From: Thomas Kyte <tkyte_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 1999 15:47:39 -0400

A copy of this was sent to Hakan Eren <nvc_at_iprimus.ca> (if that email address didn't require changing) On Tue, 12 Oct 1999 12:09:50 -0400, you wrote:

>Hi Jonathan,
>
>I know you can do that with packages. In fact you don't need packages.
>The following trick will do it:
>
>SQLWKS> create procedure p2 IS
> 2> BEGIN
> 3> NULL;
> 4> END p2;
> 5>
>Statement processed.
>SQLWKS> create procedure p1 IS
> 2> BEGIN
> 3> p2;
> 4> END p1;
> 5>
>Statement processed.
>SQLWKS> create or replace procedure p2 IS
> 2> BEGIN
> 3> p1;
> 4> END p2;
> 5>
>Statement processed.
>SQLWKS> select * from user_errors
> 2>
>NAME TYPE SEQUENCE LINE
>POSITION TEXT
>------------------------------ ------------ ---------- ----------
>----------
>
>0 rows selected.
>
>My point (that you missed) How Thomas was able to create p1 without
>errors? Probably he had a procedure( p2) at this time.

Yes, that is it. Sorry, I ran the script >1 times. The N'th time (n >1) lets p1 create without error.

It works on the first go around as well tho.

p1 creates with errors.
p2 creates without errors.
running p1 implicity compiles it and it executes without error.

I should not have posted an example with the procedures backwards though :) It has raised more questions then the original question itself....

>I think it was not an important procedure as you may understand from the
>name.
>If you look at the example that he has given in his post you will see
>he was able to create p1 without errors.
>
>Hakan
>

>Jonathan Lewis wrote:

Opinions are mine and do not necessarily reflect those of Oracle Corporation Received on Tue Oct 12 1999 - 14:47:39 CDT