Unix Owner Group Privilege Problem/Oracle utl_file Problem

From: Parker Barrington <Parker.Barrington_at_Dal.Ca>
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 1999 19:04:19 GMT

I want to run a pl/sql procedure that uses the utl_file package in oracle to create a unix file. I want to run it within a script started by cron under my unix username. The file that is created by the pl/sql procedure is owned by the unix user "oracle" and is rw by the owner only. This means when my process continues (under my own unix username) I am unable to read the file. The pl/sql is run under my own oracle username. It seems any file created with utl_file package is owned by the unix "oracle" account . The "oracle" unix username and my own are in the same group.

How can I set the the file to be group readable when I am never really the owner? I thought there may be a way to have all files written in a directory to have certain privileges - is this the way to

go? Any other suggestions? Received on Tue Oct 12 1999 - 14:04:19 CDT