Re: Random number function?

From: Xuequn Xu <xux_at_informa.bio.caltech.edu>
Date: 11 Oct 1999 17:52:58 GMT

There is a package called DBMS_RANDOM, provided by Oracle. Maybe it is already in your system, just do a "desc DBMS_RANDOM" to find out. If it is not already there, you can build it by running the dbmsrand.sql script, located in $ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/admin/.

"Robert" Xuequn Xu, Oracle DBA
Caltech, Pasadena, CA 91125

yliu_at_creighton.edu wrote:
: Hi All,

: I have seen a random number function in this news group before.
: Unfortunately, I didn't save the random function that time. I was
: wondering if somebody could post that again or someone of you have another
: version?

: Thank you in advance for your help.
: P.S. I am using Oracle 7.3xx.

: Yongge Liu