Re: about dbms_output package

From: Andy Hardy <aph_at_ahardy.demon.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 1999 11:52:25 +0100

In article <7tsa9k$svh$1_at_news.imaginet.fr>, GERNEZ <fgernez_at_partner.auchan.com> writes
>hello,
>
> when i use the dbms_output package in my program (PL/SQL), the message
>is not send immediately,
> it is send at the end of the program's execution.
>
> Does anyone knows how to print message immediately on the screen
>???????

Sorry, but you can't. All the messages are buffered until the run completes.

If you are trying to track some long-running procedure, have a look at dbms_application_info.

Andy

--
Andy Hardy. PGP key available on request