Re: New on Oracle

From: Kovacs Richard <krichard_at_buga.csoma.elte.hu>
Date: 11 Oct 1999 13:00:11 GMT

Hi!

Linda White <hpya78_at_postoffice.pacbell.net> wrote:
| I have 3 tables emp, dept and salgrade
| The question is i want to print the names of each employee and their
| salaries divided into column by the number of characters in the name.
You should learn how to make SQl queries. It is not so complicated. SQl is pretty much a readable "language". E.G. Selecting (or printing as you put it) every row and coloumn from a tabel named emp: SELECT * FROM emp;
Or selecting the Id and Name column from "west" table: SELECT Id, Name from west;

Etc.
Please check the Oracle SQL reference on Select and you'll be able to find it out pretty soon.

Ritschie

| CelineHTML | In contention with CelineHTML: |
| http://celinehtml.dhs.org | krichard@celinehtml.dhs.org |