Oracle 8i EE on Linux: can't set MAXEXTENTS UNLIMITED.

From: Kevin O'Gorman <kevin_at_ayuda.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 1999 19:45:55 -0700

I'm really new to Oracle, so I'm hoping this is an easy question.

I just got 8i up on RedHat 6.0 (unmodified). I built a database. I'm about to set up some more
tablespaces, but when I include MAXEXTENTS UNLIMITED in the CREATE TABLESPACE
command (under svrmgrl) it complains about and illegal value for MAXEXTENTS. If I take out
that phrase, leaving MINEXTENTS 1 and PCTINCREASE 0, it goes through okay.

This seems really peculiar, because I had cut-and-pasted this from the script that created my
database.

Any clues?

--
Kevin O'Gorman (805) 650-6274 kevin_at_ayuda.com At school: kogorman_at_cs.ucsb.edu
Permanent e-mail forwarder: Kevin.O'Gorman.64_at_Alum.Dartmouth.org Received on Mon Oct 11 1999 - 21:45:55 CDT