Re: Extra load caused by triggers

From: Connor McDonald <connor_mcdonald_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 1999 18:50:42 +0800

Tom Deckers wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm interested to know what extra load the creation of triggers will cause
> on an Oracle server. The trigger is looking for update events on a table
> that is updated several times per second. Anyone has an idea about the
> extra load created?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Tom.

Depends on the processing that they are doing...

Some stuff I've done on snapshot logs (v7) suggests about 5% - but then again, a snapshot logs is doing an additional insert within the trigger. If you're trigger is doing no additional database mods then it would be a lot less than that.

hth
--

Connor McDonald

"Some days you're the pigeon, and some days you're the statue." Received on Mon Oct 11 1999 - 05:50:42 CDT