Re: SQL*Forms 3 and Oracle 7.3.4

From: Gert De Neve <Gert.DeNeve_at_advalvas.be>
Date: Sun, 10 Oct 1999 14:52:44 +0200

What you must do.

  1. Install the 734 server software in the normal ORACLE_HOME directory eg. SID=MYDB ) . Use this environment to create your database.
  2. Make a fake SID ( eg F30 ) with a corresponging $ORACLE_HOME. Install the 722 ( or < ) software in this directory. Here you can include the forms 3.x installation.
  3. Start the db using SID MYDB. ( in our example )

In the scripts you use to start the forms 3 applications add: at the beginning : ORACLE_SID=F30

                             ORAENV_ASK=NO
                             . oraenv

< when you start forms, use sql*net to connect to the db >

at the end         :    ORACLE_SID=MYID
                             ORAENV_ASK=NO
                             . oraenv
                             unset ORAENV_ASK

You must also modify the oraenv-script so the NLS_LANG variable will be changed.

You can also get some problems when starting PRO*C executables( you must compile them using 734 ORACLE_HOME ). If so, you need to set ORA_NLS32 to the 734 ORACLE_HOME/.....

Need more specific help. mail to gert.deneve_at_advalvas.be

Regards
Gert