Binary export from PL/SQL

From: steev <steevNOstSPAM_at_bigfoot.com.invalid>
Date: Thu, 07 Oct 1999 03:32:39 -0700

I'm trying to generate a file to interface with an external system. The format is 64 byte records in a binary file. i.e. no line feeds.

I've tried using UTL_FILE, but this does not seem to be able to do this unless you can fit everything into to the 1023 byte buffer and my files will be around 30kB.

It may be possible to do some post-export processing using some Unix program, but I'd prefer to keep this portable. Our development system is on NT (Oracle 8.0.5).

Any thoughts?

Steve