Re: TEXT_IO - UTL_FILE - ??

From: Martyn Reason <martyn.reason_at_bt.com>
Date: Thu, 07 Oct 1999 09:04:27 +0100

crrs wrote:

> I have a form with a pl_sql procedure that writes a file using the TEXT_IO
> package.
> The path of the file can be changed by the user before she/he push the
> button to create the file.
>
> Now, we want to execute it from a stored procedure. So, I can not use
> TEXT_IO to
> write the file and the UTL_FILE package do not allows to change the path
> according
> user needs. And we do not want to specify UTL_FILE_DIR=*.
>
> Some body knows how to write a file from a stored procedure having the
> possibility to specify the path each time it is called?
>
> Oracle7 Server Rel. 7.3.3.6.0
>
> Thanks for any idea.

Don't forget, UTL_FILE_DIR=* allows the user to access any file in the file system that they have *permission* to do so. If you do not use this, then you will be limited to those paths explicitly set in your init.ora file.

Martyn
--
Martyn Reason
martyn.reason_at_bt.com Received on Thu Oct 07 1999 - 03:04:27 CDT