Free DA/DBA Newsletter - TDAN.com

From: Robert S. Seiner <rseiner_at_tdan.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 1999 20:24:28 -0400

Re: The Data Administration Newsletter (http://www.tdan.com),

Dear Data Enthusiasts,

It has been a month since issue ten of TDAN.com was posted to the internet. This issue of the newsletter contains a dozen articles on topics including metadata management, data replication, XML, data warehousing, data modeling, data mining, ... and much more. The newsletter also contains book reviews, conference lists, a monthly perspective column, a vendor and product list, and several other sections.

There is NO CHARGE to receive the newsletter and to get the monthly email announcements. Please register your name and information on the registration page http://www.tdan.com/registra.htm.

Please allow me to briefly make you aware of updates to the newsletter since September 1 and also call several items to your attention:

The monthly perspective column for October comes from Bill Lewis of CTP and addresses XML and XML schemas. New jobs have been posted in the job classified section (if you like NYC -- take a look), the conference list has been updated, and organization (mostly DAMA) updates have been added.

Newly added to the newsletter this issue:

TDAN.com will reimburse you for the price of the book if you have a book review published in the newsletter. For more information, visit the Book Review section of the newsletter or send me an email.

I have been working with Bill Lewis to provide a TDANews Board on the main menu that is updated WEEKLY (for Monday) with links to news stories that may have slipped through the mainstream cracks. PLEASE tell me what you think of the TDANews feature and send us links to stories that you think will interest TDAN.com readers.

Include in your plans for the new millenium a trip to Orlando, Florida (USA) for the 10th Annual WRAD (Warehouse, Repoitory, Architecture, Development) conference in February. Zachman, Devlin, Ross, Gorman, and many other known industry experts will be giving presentations. I will also be giving a presentation titled, "Metadata Architecture to Support the Enterprise". Visit http://www.wrad.com to learn more about the conference.

As always, I am accepting articles and columns for use in future issues of the newsletter. The next new set of articles will be published on December 1 (deadline November 1), HOWEVER ... the newsletter is constantly being updated. If you have not yet visited issue 10, please stop by soon and let me know your thoughts.

Best Regards.

Bob Seiner
Publisher - The Data Administration Newsletter Received on Mon Oct 04 1999 - 19:24:28 CDT