Timeout Length for DB links...

From: P Jeromel <pjeromel_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 05 Oct 1999 07:49:40 +0930

Re all,

Does anyone know how to change to timeout for a DB link that looks at a remote DB over a TCP/IP network.

Oracle version = 8i.(both DB's)

I somehow managed to make this timeout quite quickly (2 secs) using Oracle 8.0.5, but since we upgraded to 8i it's been back to it's usual 30secs.

Anyone have an idea?

Paul Received on Mon Oct 04 1999 - 17:19:40 CDT