Which is better for oracle raid 5 or mirrors

From: virgin news <mike.legdon_at_virgin.net>
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 1999 12:31:54 +0100

We are in the process of evaluating a Data General 25000 ccNUMA with two clariion disk arrays both containing 10 18GB fiber channel disks, I have had conflicting oppinions on the use of Raid 5 with Oracle. The database is only small (12GB), 90% of the activity of the database is reading. Any comments would be most welcome.

Mike.

P.S. I know its overkill on the disks but its a long story. Received on Mon Oct 04 1999 - 06:31:54 CDT