Re: How to return just one row after finding it

From: Tom Zamani <tom_at_taten.com.au>
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 1999 18:13:19 +1000

Use this method, you may have to adjust it to do what you want it to do but the concept would be the same.

declare
lvtest char(1) defualt 'N';
begin
begin
select 'Y' into lvtest from dual where exists (select dummy from table where condition); exception when no_data_found then
lvtest:='N';
end;
if lvtest='N' then
dbms_output.put_line('record not found'); else
dbms_output.put_line('record found');
end if;
end;