Reading Or Converting a .DAT file

From: Miracidia <Guess5_at_555.com>
Date: Mon, 04 Oct 1999 00:51:29 GMT

I have a number of data files from an old program. They are, .DAT, .IX, .SAV, .BGI, .FMT, .PDS, & .CHR files

They are from a program called, InFocus made by Tiana corp back in 1992. InFocus is a cookie cutter data entry program used in the photograpy business. It has a number of modules where you imput in information.

I've tried the following suggestions:

None of these have worked.

Is there another way to look at and/or import viable data (in another program) from a .DAT (et al) file and be able to view it in its existing form in a current program. A current program could be MS Access, Paradox, Foxbase, Dbase, Oracle, Gupta, Erwin? I've got data in this old format and it is useless to me now. Is there a way to do it or do I have to recreate the data manually?

Please "enlighten" me and thanks for any help.

Dave Received on Sun Oct 03 1999 - 19:51:29 CDT