Re: Help please. Forms 6.0 "Run for Web" button does not do anything.

From: Yar <yarsegal_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Sun, 03 Oct 1999 01:26:44 GMT

In article <37d83555.2402052_at_news.mindspring.com>,   Scotto_at_scotto.com (Scotto!) wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I installed the complete Developer2000 Release 6 on my Win98 pc.
> I am working on creating an app for the web. I have a form that I can
> run in "Client/server" mode or "Debug" mode, but when I hit the button
> for "Run for Web", the form compiles and then nothing else happens.
> So I checked the help. It says to hit the button and the Forms Web
> viewer will display the form. It does not. Anybody experience this and
> have a work-around?
>
> Thanks,
> Scott G.
> IKEA North America

I hate to disappoint you Scott, but this feature will only work on Windows NT. I was in your situation, and it took me two days to figure that out after I tried everything possible to make the web previewer work on my Windows 95 machine. If you look into the release notes that come with Developer 6.0, you will see a small paragraph about that. It states that in Win95/98 the web previewer button is visible, but not working, and that it will be fixed in the next release of the Developer. What I don't understand is how in the world a program with such a "feature" was released in the first place? Have the Oracle folks heard anything about Quality Assurance?

Yar

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Sat Oct 02 1999 - 20:26:44 CDT