Re: Connecting Read-*WRITE* to ORACLE from STAROFFICE via ODBC

From: <hugh_williams_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Sat, 02 Oct 1999 21:19:12 GMT

Can I suggest you log a call a support call with us via our online WEB support system and we can look into this problem:

  http://www.openlinksw.com/main/support.htm

An ODBC trace log would be useful which would show the the sequenece of ODBC calls being made and possibly the source of the problem.

Regards,
Hugh Williams
OpenLink Software

In article <37EFB0C1.CD793FBF_at_arcormail.de>,   Raoul Markus <raoul.markus_at_arcormail.de> wrote:
> Hi to everyone,
>
> I try to connect via openlink-ODBC to an Oracle 8.0.5 DB. Client is a
> Linux StarOffice 5.1
> Everyting works fine, but I can't insert/change tables or data. Its
all
> read-only. The ODBC-Connection itself
> seems not to be read-only, as I can execute SQL-statements from
> StarOffice, which work fine with DML & DDL.
> (and of course, I never marked anything as read-only during the hole
> setup-procedure both of Openlink ODBC driver
> nor of StarOffice). But all buttons/switchboxes to manipulate data or
> tables via StarOffice remain disabled.
>
> Has anyone a hint or a clue or at least other experiences?
>
> Everything is running on a glibc2-Linux 2.2.3.
>
> The Openlink ODBC Driver is 3.0
>
> Many thanks in advance,
>
> Raoul

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Sat Oct 02 1999 - 16:19:12 CDT