Re: WebDB and DAD problem (Cannot resolve TNS Service ..)

From: Joel R. Kallman <jkallman_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Sat, 02 Oct 1999 10:51:04 GMT

Assuming that the tnsnames.ora you displayed is the one in the WebDB ORACLE_HOME, I believe the problem is with your PORT parameter. You have specified "(PORT = 88)", which most likely is the port that your WebDB listener is listening on. What you want to specify for your WebDB tnsnames entry is the port of the *database* listener. In your case, it looks like that should be 1521.

Hope this helps.

On Fri, 1 Oct 1999 21:08:51 -0000, "Evan Chua-Yap" <evan_yap_at_mindspring.com> wrote:

>i just installed WebDB on a standalone WINNT machine.
>when i tried to "connect", i keep getting error saying:
> "Cannot resolve TNS Service ..."
>
>Below are the contents of my tnsnames.ora :
>
>ORCL =
> (DESCRIPTION =
> (ADDRESS_LIST =
> (ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = enoch)(PORT = 1521))
> )
> (CONNECT_DATA =
> (SERVICE_NAME = ORCL.enoch)
> )
> )
>
>EXTPROC_CONNECTION_DATA =
> (DESCRIPTION =
> (ADDRESS_LIST =
> (ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = IPC)(KEY = EXTPROC0))
> )
> (CONNECT_DATA =
> (SID = PLSExtProc)
> (PRESENTATION = RO)
> )
> )
>
>WEBDB =
> (DESCRIPTION =
> (ADDRESS_LIST =
> (ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = enoch)(PORT = 88))
> )
> (CONNECT_DATA =
> (SERVICE_NAME = WEBDB.enoch)
> )
> )
>
>what should the WEBDB entry be?
>
>thanks in advance for any help/tips

Thanks!

Joel

Joel R. Kallman Oracle Service Industries

Columbus, OH                             http://govt.us.oracle.com

jkallman@us.oracle.com                   http://www.oracle.com

The statements and opinions expressed here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Oracle Corporation. Received on Sat Oct 02 1999 - 05:51:04 CDT