Re: Cannot drop function

From: Thomas Kyte <tkyte_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Fri, 01 Oct 1999 10:57:04 -0400

A copy of this was sent to pbeatty_at_my-deja.com (if that email address didn't require changing) On Fri, 01 Oct 1999 10:50:39 GMT, you wrote:

>I have a function(and a view) in Oracle 8.0.5 that
>I cannot drop. The function calls a view which
>calls the same function. Both are invalid.
>I have also tried to replace both with a new
>function/view of the same name.
>Trying to drop either gives ORA-00600.
>Is there a way to get get these out of the
>database?

Call support.

Reference bug #414331.

they can give you a query to run as SYS. It will give you an object id. You'll be able to delete 1 row from a system table and then can drop this function and view.

I just did it myself as a test -- pretty straight forward and works. Support will walk you through it.

>Thanks in advance.
>
>Paul
>

>Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
>Before you buy.

Opinions are mine and do not necessarily reflect those of Oracle Corporation Received on Fri Oct 01 1999 - 09:57:04 CDT