Moving Oracle Server from AIX to Solaris

From: Grace Tsai <gtsai_at_bnl.gov>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 1999 14:17:52 -0400

I need to move our Oracle Server from AIX to Solaris. Before doing this, I like to make sure if I am using the right procedures.

Step 1. Install Oracle Software in Solaris

Step 2. Put the initSID.ora and configSID.ora in Solaris

Step 3. create the new database in Solaris by using svrmgrl

Question : Our database includes the following datafiles:

Control Files: ctrl01.dbf ctrl02.dbf
Log Files: redo01.log redo02.log redo03.log Data Files: system01.dbf system02.dbf Temp Files: temp01.dbf
Others: tools01.dbf users01.dbf rbs01.dbf

Should I create exactly the same TABLESPACEs and files in the new server?

Step 4: export from the old server and import into the new server?

Question: I never used the export/import before, what parameters should I specify?
SHould I move data table by table, or user by user, or the whole database?

Question: Do you know any document describing the procedures to move oracle server?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Grace Tsai
Brookhaven National Lab Received on Wed Sep 29 1999 - 13:17:52 CDT