here's a odd question

From: Joe Driscoll <joed_at_icoms.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 1999 16:55:48 -0400

I have been setting up databases in my OEM V. 1.3.6. My desktop is Windows 98. The instances of Oracle that I'm connecting to are both 7.3.4 and 7.3.2. I also
have a few of instances that I need to use a proxy server to get to. One server (system A) has two instances while the other one (system B) has only one instance. Both systems have Oracle 7.3.4 installed. Here is my problem. On system A I can connect just fine, no problems. One system B, I keep getting a "ORA-01017 invalid username/password; logon denied" error. However, login name and password are correct. I've triple checked, using sqlplus on the system B itself. I've checked and recheck to be sure I don't have caps lock on. I've removed and re-added the entry for this instance in the profile for OEM but, nothing works.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Has anyone ever seen or experience this? If so, did you get it fixed and how?

Thanks,

Joe Received on Tue Sep 28 1999 - 15:55:48 CDT