Re: long to varchar2

From: Ted Knijff <knijff_at_bigfoot.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 1999 07:45:56 GMT

Hi,
we have also converted stuff from FoxProW 2.x to Oracle and use varchar2 for FoxProW memo fields. Just create a string, being careful to check for the ' character which you will need chrtran to something else.
If you nedd more, send me an EMail, I can send you some of our code in FoxProW to generate the INSERT into TABLE for all Foxprow field types.

Ted

On Wed, 22 Sep 1999 16:44:47 -0700, Breno Gomes <brenogomesNOmeSPAM_at_computer.org> wrote:

>I successfully performed migration from FoxPro 2.5 files to
>Oracle 8.0.4.0.0.
>
>Fox memo fields were converted to long. All data are plain
>text, with 500 characters or less, due 254 fox limits.
>
>In the new application it would better to use Varchar2
>(1000) instead Long. How could I read data from long and
>write to Varchar2 ?
>
>I appreciate your suggestions.
>
>Thanks in advance.
>
>brenogomes_at_ieee.org
>
>* Sent from RemarQ http://www.remarq.com The Internet's Discussion Network *
>The fastest and easiest way to search and participate in Usenet - Free!

EMail: knijff_at_bigfoot.com Received on Tue Sep 28 1999 - 02:45:56 CDT