CREATE FUNCTION through ADO

From: noyfb <noyfb_at_kma.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 1999 15:53:42 -0700

HI All,

I am trying to send a "Create Function" statement through ADO. The Function get created but it has Compiler Errors. If I use SQL Plus to execute the same statement it is successfull with no errors. I can execute
the Following

CREATE TABLESPACE T_GAGETEST
DATAFILE 'E:\ServerData\Oracle\GAGETEST\T_GAGETEST.ORA' SIZE 4M REUSE AUTOEXTEND ON NEXT 1M DEFAULT STORAGE ( INITIAL 4M NEXT 1M MAXEXTENTS UNLIMITED PCTINCREASE 50 ) MINIMUM EXTENT 0K; CREATE USER "GAGETEST" IDENTIFIED BY "PASSWORD" DEFAULT TABLESPACE "T_GAGETEST"
TEMPORARY TABLESPACE "T_GAGETEST"
PROFILE DEFAULT ACCOUNT UNLOCK;
GRANT "CONNECT" TO "GAGETEST" WITH ADMIN OPTION; GRANT "RESOURCE" TO "GAGETEST" WITH ADMIN OPTION; GRANT UNLIMITED TABLESPACE TO "GAGETEST"; ALTER USER "GAGETEST" DEFAULT ROLE ALL; As well as CREATE TABLE

all using ADO with no problems.

I cannot however Create Procedures, Functions or Triggers through ADO. If I Do I have to
go into them using an Oracle Tool such as Enterprise manager to view and edit the code
and Apply the changes even if no changes are needed to successfully compile the code.
I know the code is Syntacticly correct because I can get the function to process using
SQL PLUS, SQL Worksheet, & Enterprise Manager.

Any suggestions would be helpfull

Gary Received on Tue Sep 28 1999 - 17:53:42 CDT