Re: ODBC, FoxPro and Oracle

From: Ted Knijff <knijff_at_bigfoot.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 1999 18:56:20 GMT

Michael,
the services stopping on NT is likely to be an Oracle problem and has nothing to do with FoxProW. So you will need to look at the trace files on the Oracle box as to why. I don't know how you set it all up, but try the standard NT application recording/logging first. You may have bad Rollback Segments or Redo Log File entries or Tablespaces or something like that.

Steve,
the record in use is likely to be a FoxProW cursor problem. I assume you are using VFP 5.0 or 6.0 with updatable cursors. If so, then you will need to set things up so that VFP can uniquely identify the record to be updated, e.g. via Primary Key, and you MUST first tell VFP what fields to use for the PK and what fields can be updated via the cursor. Also, the Date-Time and Numeric-Data-Formats must be set up correctly, VFP just assumes its own formats.

You will each have to supply more info I'm afraid.

Ted

EMail: knijff_at_bigfoot.com Received on Tue Sep 28 1999 - 13:56:20 CDT