Re: oracle experience question

From: Kenneth C Stahl <BlueSax_at_Unforgettable.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 1999 08:52:49 -0400

I was sitting in a government job doing things like MVS/JCL, VM, Rexx, PL/I and x-base database applicaitons and was looking for a new job. I interviewed with a company which was doing Oracle development on a VAX platform. Although I didn't have any Oracle experience I had used DCL in an RSX11M environment, so I was hired. About a month later I completed my first SqlForms 3.0 application and was in the process of converting all of their SqlForms 2.3 applications to 3.0. All I had done is read books, asked a few questions of others in my department and spent hours pounding on the keyboard. Within a year I was doing DBA work and was heavily involved in a variety of projects that mostly involved PL/SQL, Pro-C, SqlForms and SqlReport 2.0.