Re: Visual Basic using Oracle

From: Dean <rilecode_at_chemist.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 1999 10:37:21 -0700

Search Microsoft's MSDN site http://msdn.microsoft.com another site on ADO is http://www.microsoft.com/data/techmat.htm.

I know there are examples in the techmat section. Some examples are written in SQL/Server but they can be easily translated into Oracle by the changing the connect string : e.g.

Set AdoConn = CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")
AdoConn.Provider = "MSDAORA"
AdoConn.ConnectionString = "Data Source=oracle_sid;User ID=scott;Password=tiger"
Set AdoRs = New ADODB.Recordset
AdoConn.Open
sql = "select * from emp"
Set AdoRs = AdoConn.Execute(sql)