Help on accessing package from another user's view

From: <e_gravel_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 1999 14:38:36 GMT

Ok, here's the problem. I have 3 users. Facility, BPS & Test. Facility is the owner of a view named error_item and has given select priv to user Test. This view makes reference to a function from the security package owned by BPS. BPS gave execute permission on this package to facility.

Facility can select all the fields in the view including the one returned by BPS's security package function. But when user test selects from the view, he has access to every column except the one returned by the package.

Here's the error I got. I doubt though that it will be of any help.

SQL> select * from facility.error_item; ERROR:
ORA-06550: line 1, column 12:
PLS-00201: identifier 'BPS.SECURITY' must be declared
ORA-06550: line 1, column 7:
PL/SQL: Statement ignored

no rows selected

Question now is can TEST not run the view because he has not execute priv on the package? Even though the owner is FACILITY and he has access? What if FACILITY was given WITH GRANT OPTION? No, that wouldn't do anything about it would it? It simply means he can give execute to other users for the package he's been granted access.

Any other ideas or confirmation on my theory would be greatly appreciated.

Eric A. Gravel
egravel_at_newbridge.com

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Tue Sep 28 1999 - 09:38:36 CDT