Multilingual app.

From: Blas López <blas_at_sants.afina.net>
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 1999 16:27:48 +0200

Hi all,

    I'm new developping with Oracle Developer/2000 and I want to know about your experience in developing multilingual app, specially this topics:

  1. How translate fix text. I know that Translation Builder can help me but, as far I understand, it generates a new form with the fixed text in the new language. It is easy to manager these versions ? It is easy to change the language at run-time?
  2. But about translating into a language not listed in the NLS guide (eg. Basque, which has the same charset than Spanish or Catalan).
  3. How do you implement the translation of all non fixed values (eg. the descriptions entered by user in the "basic tables") ?

Note. Change the language at run-time is needed because the user can have the interface in a language but the ouput (eg. an invoice) can be generate in another one.

    TIA,     Blas López Received on Tue Sep 28 1999 - 09:27:48 CDT