2Meg SPAM from Fraklin Lyne Consulting

From: Jacqui Caren <Jacqui.Caren_at_ig.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 1999 09:42:53 GMT

I was curious how many other posters to the cdo newsgroups have recieved 2meg+ UCE emails (inc.g a broken MS word doc!) from this 'premier' oracle applications partner?

I have asked them to stop but this seems to have resulted in thier adding our reply eaddrs to thier mailing list...

I have reported this attack to Oracle and thier ISP and await replies but wondered just how widespread this attack is?

Does anyone know if oracle takes such attacks by Oracle partners seriously as they seem to trade upon thier relationship with Oracle within thier spamverts.

Jacqui

--
Paul Ingram Group Ltd,140A High Street,Godalming GU7 1AB United Kingdom Email: J.Caren_at_ig.co.uk Fax: +44 1483 862801 Phone: +44 1483 862800 A rather special Perl vacancy :-) http://www.ig.co.uk/about/jobs.html Use SmartCards in e-commerce systems? http://www.smartaxis.com/ Received on Mon Sep 27 1999 - 04:42:53 CDT