Re: what character set?

From: Mike Burden <mburden_at_uk.att.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 1999 00:28:09 +0100

It can be changed. All you must do is choose a character set that is compatible with USASCII7. The main problem with this character set is that it is 7 bit. This doesn't mean it can't store 8 bit, but that it doesn't know what characters are being refereed to when using char 128 onwards. I'm at home at the mo and have no information available. Just use www.dejanews.com to search this message area and you should find many references (a few of them mine) which tell you how to do it.