Re: Database link in Oracle8

From: Sybrand Bakker <postmaster_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 1999 18:59:37 +0200

Hi Miguel,

You have global_names = true and the name of the remote database doesn't match the name of the link.
With global_names = true every database name is expected to be unique, and the link name should equal the database name. You should either set global_names to false, or rename your database. I wouldn't IMO expect using global_names when you don't have a proper db_domain parameter. If you would have db_domain = csi.uned.es and a remote database in a different internet domain, then I would have used global_names.

Hth,

--
Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA