HELP: Exporting Data From One Table and Importing to Another

From: Michael Greer <mgreer942_at_prodigy.net>
Date: Sun, 26 Sep 1999 15:53:42 -0700

I need to export all of the data from a table in database A to a table in database B. While the table in database B has more columns, it does contain all of the columns necessary to import the database A table data. However, the column names are not identicle. Therefore, I was thinking of using the following process to get this done:

  1. Use MS Access and ODBC to export the table data from database A.
  2. Rename the columns in Access to match the column names of the target table in database B.
  3. Export the data from Access to the target table in database B.

Will this work? If not, why? This there a simpler more direct process to do what I need to do?

Note: The tables are in different databases but located on the same server if that makes any difference.

--
Mike Greer

Explore potential income opportunities with Greer and Associates at http://www.ibocity.com/greeraa. Also, Come visit my digital photography web site along with a lot of other interesting stuff at http://www.greer.simplenet.com. Received on Sun Sep 26 1999 - 17:53:42 CDT