Pro*C compiles and works just with libclntsh.so ?

From: José Delfosse <jdelfosse_at_free.fr>
Date: Sun, 26 Sep 1999 18:28:50 GMT

Hi,

I'm using oracle examples to compile Pro*C codes but lots of static libraries are used
in these examples (-lsqlnet -lcore3 -lnet etc...).

Whilst it works, the result is that the executable size is quite large with these static libraries (>2Mo)

I found a dynamic library in $ORACLE_HOME/lib called libclntsh.so

I compiled and linked my Pro*C program just with this dynamic library and the program
works fine and the code size is much lower ( a few Ko ).

So my question is: Can we compile a Pro*C program just with this dynamic libary without
using static ones ? Is it safe ?

Oracle docs is not very clear about this dynamic library which seems to gather all functions
that are in the static libraries.

JD Received on Sun Sep 26 1999 - 13:28:50 CDT