Re: view question - is this possible?

From: Mike Burden <mburden_at_uk.att.com>
Date: Sun, 26 Sep 1999 00:16:27 +0100

When using SQL to extract data you're often using the SQL to denormalising the data to make it easier to understand.

SQL is useful for denormalising 2nd and 3rd normal forms but can't do first normal form very easily.

1st normal form being arrays.

To do this you really need cross tabs functionality as used in MS access and, presumably, SQL sever.