Transactions in JDBC with Oracle

From: Scott Mueller <scott_at_transactionengines.com>
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 1999 12:17:45 -0400

How do you specify a transaction in jdbc connecting to an oracle dbms? Let's say I want to have a unique number generated through sql. So, I have a table with a field called Count. I want to have one transaction with two sql statements. The first one is update count = count + 1 and the second one retrieves the count. This way every call gets a unique number.

How do I specify this? I've tried resultSet = statement.executeQuery("UPDATE etc;SELECT etc"); but this gives me an error..

Thanks for any help with this. If anybody wants to become rich through a company with SOLID technology, we're located in downtown miami. Transaction Engines needs java programmers and oracle dbas. Very generous options/salary/benifiits for the right people!

--
Scott Mueller
Transaction Engines Inc Received on Sat Sep 25 1999 - 11:17:45 CDT