N-tier components & PL/SQL

From: Adam Boonham <Adam.Boonham_at_dial.pipex.com>
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 1999 11:30:56 +0100

Hi

I'm writing an N-tier app that uses an Oracle7.3 backend with a VB6 frontend with a VB6 data access component that will eventually sit on the database Server.

QUESTION ONE On the client frontend I end up with an ADO recordset which I would either like to update/add to OR Retrieve from the database, pretty normal stuff so far.

What I would like to happen is that the recordset (or an array) is passed from the Frontend to the data access component which in turn passes it to an Oracle Stored Procedure (OSP).

So far I've been unable to pass an entire array into the OSP only a single record with the individual fields as input parameters. Is it possible to pass the entire array into the OSP? Or do I have to do that from within the data component.

QUESTION TWO Can an OSP pass back a recordset or array to the data component or again do I have to do it record by record

Any help much appreciated

Thanks

Adam Received on Sat Sep 25 1999 - 05:30:56 CDT