Re: Redo Log and Network Resources

From: Sybrand Bakker <postmaster_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 1999 06:19:53 +0200

Hi,
You can observe the cache by pressing ctrel-alt-del, bring up the task manager (or run taskmgr.exe)
and go to the performance tab. In the rightmost column below the graphs there is a second line stating
'file cache <n>'
In this particular case the system was heavily faulting. This behavior disappeared when changing the option.
Secondly, there is another setting you shouldn't forget. In the system applet of control panel, you have a slider bar where you can boost performance for foreground tasks. As Oracle is a background task and you aren't regularly working on that server anyway :) that should be slided to the middle or even to the left. If you do need to work there, then you will perceive the system feels like fallen asleep though.

Hth,

--
Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA