Newbie: Which Oracle Product to choose

From: Aloys Oberthür <aloys.oberthuer_at_online.de>
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 1999 01:59:19 +0200

Hello,

I an working on a Java application and will soon be in need for a potent RDBMS to store some of my data, so I thoght it might be a good idea to choose Oracle. I have some profound Java (and JDBC) knowledge and some experience using Access and now I do not know where I can find out about the differences between:

Oracle8i Enterprise Edition, Oracle8i Standard Edition, Oracle8 Server, Oracle8 Client and Oracle8i Lite.
On the Oracle website I found something about using Palm computers with Oracle 8i Lite which could be helpful in a later part of my project.

Please can anybody help me get all this sorted, Aloys Received on Fri Sep 24 1999 - 18:59:19 CDT